Thursday, December 30, 2010

Yuletide Loot

Me 'n ma belle copine.
Merry near-New Year's, blogosphere (a.k.a. Chandler, who I'm making read this).   Aside from the fact that I got to spend a whole week drinking Bloody Marys and reading Jonathan Franzen's Freedom,  the Christmas circus was especially satisfying this year because I came out of it with a few key pieces that can be endlessly worked into my winter wardrobe.  Exhibit A: a fur vest, which is something I've been drooling over but couldn't find an economically feasible option until I found this one at a Gap Outlet.  $37.99's worth of fake coyote fur, which I plan to wear everywhere even though my brothers kept yipping at me (for those who aren't as redneck as we are, you call a coyote bark a yip.).
          I wore it with a cheap silk Forever21 tank, a Gap sweater, and a neat'o brassy necklace from Nordstrom's that has scaly-like links, which are handy when I'm nervous and need something to fiddle with.  Of course, the fur vest already indulged my tactile nature.
Another pearl picked out by moi and dropped off by Saint Nick is this black blazer, $29.99 from Mossimo for Target.  I wore it to a festive gathering with the lapels and collar folded up and inwards.  I also wore a pretty plum deep-V tank from Gap and jewelry of a forgotten origin.  I'm pretty excited to wear the fur vest under the blazer, just to give a little furry hello from under the business-casual outerwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment